Phone: 925 548 1687 / 925 361 7743 (H)
§ Microsoft Certified (MCP) in ‘Visual Basic 6: Desktop Applications’ and ‘Visual Basic 6: Distributed Applications’
§ Excellent exposure to the Microsoft .NET framework.
Oracle 8i/ 7x, MS SQL Server 2000/6.5/6, MS-Access, MySQL, FOXPRO2.5, DMSII (Unisys A Series)
Visual Interdev 6.0, Visual Basic 6.0, visual C++ 6.0, Visual Source Safe 6.0, MS .NET framework, MS Visual Modeler, Crystal Reports 4.5 - 8.0, MS Front Page, Toad, Kava, Borland Jbuilder
ASP.NET, ASP 3.0/ 2.0, COM, COM+, DCOM, OLE, ActiveX, HTML, DHTML, XHTML, MTS, CGI, PHP, IIS 5.0/4.0, Apache/1.3.9, XML, XPATH, XSL, SAX (Expat), UML, DOM and CSS
VB.NET, C#, C, C++ Programming with compilers such as VC++ (using APIs such as Windows SDK, MFC), G++ (GNU) compiler, JAVA, VB Script, VBA, JAVA Script, Shell Scripts, (BASH, TCSH), Windows Scripting Host, PL/SQL, Cobol, Assembly Language
Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95/98, Unix, Linux, MCP (Unisys A Series), DOS 6.22
Remedy (Action Request System), ADO, Perforce, PVCS, MKS tool kit, Dialogic Voice and Facsimile APIs, MAPI, TAPI, SAPI, Outlook, Business Objects, MS Visio, Market Wave (Web Analysis S/w)
Software Life Cycle, Telephony, Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), Version Control and Change Request Management, Joint Application Development (JAD)
Client: Mmbayarea.org, CA (Dec. 2001 – Mar. 2002)
Environment: DOM, CSS, Java script, HTML, XML, XSL, XPATH, SAX (Expat), Vim, Linux, MySQL, Apache, PHP 4.0, Unix shell scripts
Description: mmbayarea.org is a community website serving to an Indians in the bay area. This project involved making the site dynamic and customizable to individual preference of the users. It mainly consists of following tasks:
1. Requirement study, logical and physical design
2. Configuration of MySQL database and design queries for the data access
4. Guest book was designed using XML -> XSL transformations. PHP module was reconfigured with Sablotron XSLT processor to accommodate this functionality.
5. XML parsing using Expat SAX parser.
6. Mailing module
7. Shell scripts for house keeping purposes.
Client: Providian Financial Corporation, CA (Aug. 2001 – Oct. 2001)
Environment: Windows 2000, COM+, VB6.0, ASP 3.0, ASP.NET using VB.NET, IIS 5.0, Visual Interdev 6.0, XML, XSL, PVCS, OLEDB, Oracle 8i, DOM, VB script, Java script, HTML, Crystal Reports 8.0, TSYS mainframe interface, Unix shell scripts
Description: Providian financials offer credit card services like VISA and Master Card. DRS system is used by Providian representatives (reps) to resolve transaction related disputes submitted by Providian customers. It mainly consists of following modules:
1. Active role in the logical and physical design of the system
3. Cryptographic component for encrypting sensitive information in Visual Basic 6.0
4. Qualifying a tiff file viewing applet (Viewone2.0) for the project
5. Developing Stored procedures required for the database access in Oracle 8i
6. Design TSYS (mainframe) access strategy
7. Prototyping for the Unix batch process in shell scripts
8. Prototype demonstrating feasibility of MS .NET technology
9. Report module using Crystal Reports (Version 8.0)
10. PVCS was used for source control
Client : ClaimIQ, Inc., CA (June 2001 – July 2001)
Environment : Windows 2000, IIS 5.0, ASP 3.0,VB 6.0, DHTML, VSS 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000, Crystal Reports 7.0, MS Visual InterDev, CSS, DOM, COM+ , ADO and Java script
ClaimIQ is a B2B Company in the Finance sector. KBAdmin is a web-based utility, which enables the business team to modify/ administer /update their extremely large knowledge base, without actually working with the database tables. It mainly incorporates the following features:
· Secured access to the site
· Following tasks could be performed through the GUI : Assign Question, Assign Order, Assign Drill down, Setup Question , Setup Scenario
· Detailed report of the changes made to the database
· Report module
· Context sensitive help
1. Collected the requirements, created and presented prototype demo
2. Preparing System Architecture, Design and Test Plan
4. Developing Stored procedures required for the database access in MS SQL server 2000
5. Visual SourceSafe 6.0 was used for the version management.
6. Report module prototype using Crystal Reports 7.0
7. Unit testing and bug fixing
Client : WebVan, Inc., CA (December 00 – May 2001)
Environment : Windows NT, IIS 4.0, Outlook, COM, VB, ASP, HTML, DHTML, XML, OLE, UNIX shell scripts, ActiveX, VSS 6.0, Oracle 8i, Toad, Crystal Reports 6.0, MS Visual InterDev, CSS, VB script, COM, MTS, ADO and Java script
Stage environment of Webvan consisted of number of manual routines to maintain the environment ready for staging activities. This project involved careful automation of most of these processes and preparing an Intranet site to host them. In future the site will be extended to other environments in Webvan such as DEV, INT, MAPS, FNLQA etc. It mainly incorporates the following features:
· Enabling/disabling certain features on the site.
· Diagnose software versions on stage machines.
· Generate maintain accounts for the stage environment.
· Run a round trip to check validity of the build.
· Publish weekly staging activity report.
Role: Senior Engineer. Responsibilities included;
1. Preparing System Architecture, Design and Test Plan
3. Developing COM component using Visual Basic 6.0.
4. Coding of required UNIX Shell (BASH) scripts (MKS tool kit)
5. Designing SQL scripts (using TOAD as an ORACLE 8i front end) and stored procedures
6. Visual SourceSafe 6.0 was used for the version management.
7. Weekly reports using Crystal Reports 6.0
8. Training stage team to use the Intranet site.
9. Workflow documentation using MS Visio
10. Interacting with the back office / front office development team for inputs
Client : WebVan, Inc. CA (October 00 – November 00)
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++, COM, MTS,
Webvan has to process numerous credit card transactions. This tool can be used for analysis and management of these transactions.
1. Gathering requirements from
CSR (Customer Support Representatives) and TOC (
2. Designing and Developing UI with Visual Basic 6.0.
3. Developing COM components using Visual Basic 6.0. The business logic is incorporated in the COM components. These components interact with the ORACLE 8i database with the help of OLE-DB.
4. Designing SQL statements needed to query the production database (Oracle 8i)
5. Generation Help file using Microsoft Visual Studio Help Workshop.
6. Documentation and training related to this tool
Client : WebVan, Inc. CA (May 2000 – September 2000)
Environment : Windows NT, IIS 4.0, Outlook, ASP, XML, HTML, DHTML,VSS 6.0, Oracle 8i, Toad, MS Visual InterDev, VB script and Java script, ADO, Perforce, Remedy, MKS tool kit, MS Visio, Market Wave
Webvan had multiple stage environments. Worked as Lead Stage Analyst for Front Office.
Role: Lead Stage Analyst. Responsibilities included;
1. Maintaining stage environment similar to the production by regular database refreshes and patch application.
2. Source Code Control, Labeling and Maintenance of MS Visual Source Safe
3. Working on the change requests and keeping eye on the changes applied to the production. Most of the changes required either front-end changes involving web pages or database level changes. (Schema itself or field values). Visual InterDev 6.0 was used for asp changes, database changes required generation of PL/SQL scripts.
4. 'Perforce' was used as Software Configuration Management System. The whole Change Request procedure was managed using 'Remedy' Action Request System.
5. Verifying maintenance/mini/major releases in stage, pin point bugs and verify the fixes
6. Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and contingency plans for the new features introduced in the site
7. Generating reports using 'Marketwave Hitlist' application as per management requirement.
8. Actively participate in the major upgrades
9. On call third level support for production web site issues
10. Web pages ownership. Review changes made to these pages before being applied to the production
Client : Tata Infotech (May 1999 – April 2000)
Environment : Windows NT Workstation V 4.0, Outlook, MS VC 5.0, COM, DCOM, MTS, ADO, OLE, UML, ActiveX, MS VB 6.0, SQL server 5.0, Oracle8i, MS FrontPage, VB Script, VJ Script, SMTP, ASP, HTML, DHTML, IIS 4.0, Crystal Reports, MTS
Created a product for getting the result of queries on databases over the various communication media called QueryPHONE. Users register their query over the Web by means of the Web pages for the same. Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF) model was used for this product development. The product also had utilities for:
§ Registration of user profiles, user groups (based on which permission was granted on various database tables)
§ Query Wizard for aiding the user in constructing his queries
§ System administration utility for configuration of system initialization parameters
§ Report generation for diagnostics
§ Monitoring of the system
§ Event logging in case of errors or incorrect functioning of the products
1. Studying system requirements, system-design and implementation of the system
2. Development of modules of the product viz. Web interface for Query Wizard using ASP (using this utility novice user can construct a SQL query), front-end development for system administration in visual Basic 6.0 etc.
3. Developing COM components required for the various modules
4. Testing the product on Oracle 8i
5. Preparing utilities for Reports on the system
6. Preparation of the Help files required for the system
7. Preparing Design Document, Test Plans, System and Module Testing
Client : Tata Tele-Services (October 98 – May 99)
Environment: Windows NT Workstation V 4.0, MS VC++ 5.0, MS VB 5.0,
and SQL server 5.0, MFC,
Created a toolkit for development of telephony applications using digital signalling on E1 trunk lines. This toolkit was used for Changed Number Announcement, Date Time Announcement and Morning Alarm systems for a Telecom Service Provider. The system was integrated with the 5ESS switch of Lucent Corp. The signalling protocol used was Indian R2 MFC. Developed Client-Server application for Remote Administration of the above toolkit on Windows NT.
1. Studying system requirements, system-design and implementation of the system
of modules of the product viz. report module using
3. Conceptualization and implementation of the system
4. Client interaction and sight coordination
5. Preparation of the Help file on the IVR system
6. Preparing Design Document, Test Plans, System and Module Testing
Client : Tata Infotech (August 98 – October 98)
Environment: Windows NT Workstation V 4.0, MS VC 4.0, MS Access 97
The project involves product design and development of FonePOST/IVR-NT, which is a product for Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Various clients have successfully implemented the product for TeleBanking, Auto-Attendant and Voice-Mail systems, telephony-based MIS and database inquiry systems, Fax-on-demand systems and e-mail over phone. The project requires development on the Windows-NT platform using Windows Programming mainly on ‘C’ with compiles such as MS Visual C++.
Environment: Windows NT Workstation V 5.0,
MS VC++ 4.0, MS ACCESS 97 and MS VB 5.0, ODBC,
An IVR/FoD solution has been provided to Hutchison Max Telecom. This involves a multiple (4) channel system for telephony and facsimile services round-the-clock to users. Among the facilities provided are Fax on Demand regarding requested information, voice information broadcast and System Administrative utilities. The Voice Processing Unit hardware included a Dialogic Voice board (VFX 40 ESC Plus) with fax daughter board mounted in a server machine. The software included an interpreter for an SFL (Script File Language) on which the application has been developed and system administrative utilities developed in MS VC++. The Database used in this application is MS ACCESS, interfaced to the application using ODBC. Report generation utility developed in MS VB 5.0 is provided which generates reports showing system usage by the IVR users.
Client: Tata Infotech ( May 1998 – June 1998 )
Environment: Windows NT Workstation V 4.0, MS VC 4.0, ORACLE 7.0, PL/SQL, ODBC, 4.2BSD, SFL
Leave status and attendance related information is maintained in ORACLE database at the client. This database was integrated with the IVR system. Among the facilities provided are voice information regarding Leave status and attendance related information of the caller. The Voice Processing Unit hardware included a Dialogic Voice board (Dialog4) located in ORACLE server machine. The software included an interpreter for an SFL (Script File Language) on which the application has been developed. The Database integration with IVR system is achieved through ODBC calls.
Client : Tata Infotech, VSNL ( September 1997 – April 1998)
Environment: Windows NT Workstation V 4.0, MS VC++ 4.0, MS Access 97, ODBC, SFL
An IVR/FoD (InfoFAX) solution has been provided to VSNL. This involves a
multiple (8) channel system for telephony and facsimile services
round-the-clock to users. The facilities
provided are, Fax on Demand regarding requested information, voice-mail, voice
information broadcast, operator assistance and System Administrative utilities.
The Voice Processing Unit hardware included a Dialogic Voice board (VFX 40 ESC
Plus) with fax daughter board mounted in a Compaq server machine. The software
included an interpreter for an SFL (Script File Language) on which the
application has been developed and system administrative utilities developed in
MS VC++. The Database used in this application is MS ACCESS, interfaced to the
application using ODBC. The system has been implemented in eight locations in
Environment: Microsoft C, DOS 6.22
IVR (Inter active Voice Response) software ver 2.0 for DOS by TIL is developed in Microsoft C. There are different flavours of this software depending on the client’s requirements. This gives rise for recompilation of the whole project while preparing an IVR executable for individual client. The utility ModiMake provides user Interface for accepting requirements of the client and makes corresponding changes in the makefile. This results in proper compilation of the project, depending on the inputted parameters without need to tamper the makefile.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics Year-1996 68.8 %( First Class with distinction)
· Component Object Module (COM) - ActiveX template Library (ATL): 1999